Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Erosion of the Reformed Rapper!

Dear brothers and sisters in the faith, It grieves me to do this, but I have been led by many brothers in the faith including www.carm.org, as well as pastors, rappers, even fans of Lecrae and my church home to address this matter publicly. There has been a growing concern of mine over the last few years concerning the direction of the ministries of many rappers who hold to the doctrines of God’s grace or God’s sovereignty, typically what is labeled as Calvinism. It has been very troubling to see the shift and focus of many of these rappers. This is but a brief introduction on the matter, a bigger look at the background will be coming later. For now I will briefly discuss one rapper in particular in this list of artists and it is Lecrae. I am going to slightly address here my concern with Lecrae (and other artists in general for that matter), going into churches to perform who have damnable heretical doctrine and failing to address both the leadership and the congregation...

Read the rest here

No comments:

Post a Comment