Saturday, April 9, 2011

As the rehabilitation of his injured right knee continues, Grizzlies rookie guard Xavier Henry is learning to play something besides professional basketball.
"I got 'Piano for Dummies,'" said Henry, Memphis' first-round pick in the 2010 NBA Draft. "I'm not great, but I'm getting there."
Getting through his first NBA season has been difficult. Henry was 19 when he entered the league last year after one season at Kansas University. He has played in 38 games, missing more than half the season with injuries.
"I'm having to become more mentally tough," he said. "Because of the injury to my knee, I know I've got to work harder to get back. I know God will heal me."
Faith strikes a chord with Henry and a number of other Grizzlies, including Rudy Gay, Greivis Vasquez and Ishmael Smith. All have been vocal about their relationship with Jesus.
Before every free throw, Gay recites Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Read the rest here

No comments:

Post a Comment